The constitution of the New Zealand History Federation Inc spells out the objectives of the Federation:
- To foster, and stimulate interest in New Zealand history and in the activities and objects of historical and kindred societies
- By advocacy, representation and publicity at higher levels to assist constituent societies whenever possible
- To encourage and assist in the formation and growth of historical societies throughout New Zealand
- To disseminate news of constituent societies by means of newsletters, circulars, journals, releases to news media and other appropriate methods
- To gather and expend funds or acquire property as required for the attainment of the objects of the Federation and to keep records of all such transactions.
The full constitution can be downloaded here