New Zealand Federation of Historical Societies Inc NZFHS logo
Historic images
 
Find us on Facebook

MILTON MUSEUM

Situated on the main highway passing through the small rural town of Milton, the museum is located in the old Post Office which while it closed on 19th May 1989 still retains its public counter.

Hosted by the Tokomairiro Historical Society, this building also contains the local Information Centre and its services.

The museum's collection of artefacts pertains to the local community of Tokomairiro District and its contributions to the past. Included are relics from the wreck of the Margueritte Miraband, and a display from the nationally renowned Milton Pottery Collection.

Local genealogy services are offered, along with a guide of other buildings pointing out their significance to the area.


Milton Museum
51-53 Union Street
Milton

Built in 1938, the Art Deco style Post and Telegraph Service Building.
The Margueritte Miraband display
Milton Pottery display

 

© 2008-2017 New Zealand Federation of Historical Societies Inc   |   Home    |   Site: Dash Design